Labor Day Weekend, and I think I'm back

Currently Listening to: I Will Wait_Mumford & Sons (Kullkid Remix) and Soulection Radio    Show #140 with Esta and Andres

It has been well over a month since my last post and lately I've found myself incredibly busy. Doing what exactly? even I'm not entirely sure.  Summer vacations officially over  with school back in session, although I'm sure the weather begs to differ.  I mean this summer heat in the triple digits every day in September is pretty ridiculous, and its gotten me feeling sticky, tired, and "hotter than a jalapeno's coochie" as phrased by a buddy of mine (LOL, I died a little after he said it and I'm hoping you do to).

But anyway, I've fallen behind on a lot of things, but did find time to take a little staycation down to San Diego this past Labor Day weekend.  I stayed at a water front hotel with a pretty amazing view of the bay and the city, as well as indulged myself in a lot of food and somewhat decent iPhone pictures.  If anyone is like me, I don't get much rest on trips, averaging 2-3 hours of sleep a night.  Labor Day morning I took it upon myself to explore San Diego Bay alone while everyone else was sleeping and I have to say it was pretty damn amazing.  The gloom that hovered over the bay was eerily beautiful and almost haunting, and the weather was the best its been in a while.  I jogged around Embarcadero Marina Park and made my way down to the Bob Hope Memorial as well as into Downtown San Diego.

Later on that Day we had brunch at The Blue Water Fish Market and Grill for some of the freshest fish I've ever had.  Seared Ahi, Yellowtail, local Halibut, and Salmon all inside nice sized tortillas with fresh iced tea and bottled root beer went so well with the fishing town ambiance of the restaurant and market.  After we went to Extraordinary Desserts, a pretty popular joint in SD for sweets, tea, and apparently coffee.  I had to say service was pretty wack for a place that pays so much attention to presentation of food.  I have nothing really to say except I found a spider in my coffee cake while I was taking pictures, but the fellow was super nice and brought me a new one; this dude was the only customer service savvy personal apparently.

Anyway, after all the food our last detour was the San Diego Safari Park.  I have to say it was pretty amazing.  The view of the 1,000+ acre plot full of safari wildlife was truly inspirational, as much as everything in SD was prior.  I'm sure this is enough talking for now as I'm tired of think-typing and you're tired of reading, so here's a gander at some photos I took throughout the weekend with my iPhone, nothing special--meh.

I hope you guys tune in and have a COOL remainder of the week.  Happy Hump Day!

Henry T.
















No comments:

Post a Comment