Milan Fashion Week Favorites

June is always an exciting time in Summer.  Schools out and vacation starts, weather is bipolar between June gloom and the start of summer heat, etc etc. June for me, however, brings on Men's Fashion week Spring/Summer!  Keeping up this time around has been so much easier with instagram, and the whole video option happened just in time considering now we can watch 15 seconds of the show taken with actual industry people!

Anyway, last week was the London Mens Collection, and this week we have Milan Fashion Week!  Here are a few of the looks I have been obsessed with from the Milan Collections.


Andrea Pompilio

Totally diggin' this bomber jacket with the floral-esque paisley print and the black contrast cuffs and collar.


Bally

I've always been a fan of popover sweaters with a high neck collar and Bally definitely did not disappoint. The camel monochromatic works well here and I absolutely love it paired with the royal blue in the shoes.  If I had the cash and body, I'd totally rock that kangaroo pouch!



Bottega Venetta

There's something incredibly whimsical to me about the play of neutral colors all in one. The classic cuts of a simple polo and a great pair of trousers alongside the black on asphalt paired with the ivory man clutch screams simplicity in the highest regards.





Iceberg Menswear



I found the crop length of these pants to be fresh and interesting. It's too short to be a an ankle length pant and too long to be a capri, and paired with a casual black T with the interesting zipper detail is so subtly clean.  I love the idea of dark colors for spring/summer, and the casualness of this fit makes me even for stoked wear my own version.




Here is another one of Icebergs pieces that I love.  I've always loved monochromatic balck, and the ease and simplicity of this is beautiful.  The subtle pattern on the pant with the shine from the jacket?!?! Amazing.




Here's another high neck collar that I love.  The tone on tone highlighted with black does this fit well.  





Missoni

Seeing a lot of muted patterns for SS 2014 and I love it.  Missoni, known for their loud chevron-esque prints did a great job evoking a fun masculinity in their Spring/Summer collection.  All of the following looks had an undertone of Spring/ Summer and played with color an interesting way--through muted monochromatic prints!













Dolce and Gabanna

These following three are some of my absolute favorites from Men's Fashion Week thus far.  I mean how clean and slick do these suits look?  The sheen from the black blazer may be a little much, but the white double breasted blazer and the patterned suit following are badass.  The rest of the show was a little much with flora and buildings plastered on it, but I can definitely see the Sicily inspiration, but I feel maybe it went a little too literal?  And I wonder how the show went on with the designers being found guilty of tax evasion and sentenced to 20 months in jail plus that fat fine. Ehhh...






The final for the Dolce and Gabanna show was pretty sick I have to say.  A sea of black and the air of masculinity really showed through.  




And just for kicks, this happened right after the models walked off stage (LOL).




That's all for now! I can't wait to see what's in store for Paris Fashion Week coming in just a few days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment